Ever wondered how to make a bow for a package, wreath or bouquet? It’s not too hard, it only takes a little practice. I recommend, especially when you’re first learning, wired ribbon. This is ribbon that has wire inside of it on both edges, it keeps the ribbon stiffer and makes it easier to manipulate. For this project you will need sharp scissors, wire and your choice of ribbon. (Most average size bows need three yards of ribbon.)
1. First make a loop and twist the ribbon so top of the ribbon is back on top.
2. Make your first loop, twist and ribbon will be on the side of center loop.
3. Make your second loop, twist and now you are going to be making another set of loops, using the same method. They will be slightly larger than the first pair and on either side of the first loop.
4. Now for another single loop on each side. These will be a bit larger than the last set.
5. Now make a large loop. This will be the tails.
6. Take your wire and feed it through the center loop. Bend the wire and twist together tightly, so that it holds all of your loops.
7. Cut your tail loop and fluff the ribbon. You just made a bow! (Don’t get frustrated if you don’t get it on the first try, sometimes it takes a few tries to get the hang of it.)